Sunday, March 3, 2013

Gotta write if I want to submit

Almost 5 months since last post
I can't believe that the last time I posted on this blog was September. I'm not doing a very good job at blogging on this one. Maybe I should have have just one blog. I have several blogs for different interests. But, that's me, spread thin like someone who loves hot butter on toast but who doesn't want the fat.

It's now March break and I promised myself that I would continue writing the middle grade novel I started over a year ago. I haven't yet. I've been sorting clothes and kitchen drawers.

But I have been writing
To be fair to myself I have been writing. I started a new blog to get over a checking habit and some anxiety issues which came on like post traumatic stress after a couple of events over 10 years ago. 
I've given myself the 31 days of this month to make some real changes and to get out of some very bad and self-limiting habits. You can read that blog at http://flowletgo.blogspot.ca/

Got poem published on ezine
One of my poems, When I was young and in love, was published on the Long Story Short Poetry Page in February.

My first chapbook
I self-published my first chapbook called Purple Ink because my favourite pen Pentel Energel liquid gel purple ink and I usually write my morning pages in purple ink. I published about 15 copies and gave them away at Christmas. Last year, I had used Garageband to record and produce all of the tracks for an album (CD) of original songs called Queenbeabea.

Unblocking my artist
I'm still slogging away at Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way and writing morning pages. I've written hundreds of pages and been through a number of journal since last summer.

I enjoy the process of writing. I enjoy writing for fun.
Maybe I don't really care about being published. Maybe I'm fooling myself. Maybe I'm scared.
FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real


Darn! I missed the submission deadline for CarteBlanche by 2 days!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment